About the Course:
This session covers the gamut of issues associated with negotiating Distributor and Sales Representative Agreements. Keen insights are provided with regard to issues such as territories, trade channels, exclusivity, minimums and training/certification. The course leader shares a variety of war stories collected over a more than 25-year career of negotiating Distributor and Sales Representative Agreements.
If you don't know the answers to questions such as these, you really should listen to this webinar:
- How can sales reps and distributors negotiate supposedly non-negotiable contracts put forth by powerful manufacturers?
- How can sales representatives and distribution agreements be best negotiated so as to avoid channel conflicts?
- Do manufacturers invariably commit to policing exclusive territories?
- Should the scope of products covered by sales and distribution agreements be contingent on the products coming out of particular divisions of the manufacturing company?
- What are the risks to manufacturers offering volume discounts to sales representatives and distributors?
- What are the arguments in favor of requiring sales representatives and distributors to update their employees' training and certifications?
- What are the various means of compensating distributors versus sales representatives?
- What are the pros and cons of automatically renewing sales representation and distribution agreements compared to requiring new contracts when the initial agreement terminates?
- What are some of the sensitivities to terminating sales representation and distributor agreements for cause?
- What are three post-contract termination issues commonly negotiated between manufacturers and sales representatives and distributors? What is the significance of the issues?
- What are typical limitations of action placed on sales representation and distribution agreements?
Course Leader: Barry M. Block, Partner, Thompson Hine LLP
Barry focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions; franchising, licensing and distribution arrangements; antitrust counseling; and health care. Barry is active in preparing, reviewing and negotiating distribution and sales representative agreements. His practice involves both domestic and international transactions. Barry has been practicing law since 1984.
Course Length: Approx. 1.5 hours
$295.00 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.